This USB Hub adds three USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) ports and one Gigabit Ethernet port to a USB-C enabled desktop or laptop computer. The USB Hub connects to a USB-C port on a computer, using the built-in 1ft. (30cm) host cable. The USB hub is backward compatible with USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices, ensuring support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB peripherals (e.g., thumb drives, external HDDs/SSDs, HD cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, and audio headsets).The USB hub is compact in size, facilitating portability when travelling.
The USB hub features a Gigabit Ethernet adapter. The Ethernet controller is compatible with the IEEE 802.3u/ab standards and supports Wake-on-LAN (WoL), Jumbo Frames, and V-LAN Tagging. The network adapter enhances laptop network reliability, security, and performance by utilizing wired 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet.
Bus-Powered with Optional Auxiliary Power
The USB hub can operate with bus power alone, but features a Micro USB power input that can be connected to a USB power adapter (not included), providing up to 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power in addition to the up to 15W of bus power from the USB host. This flexibility is ideal for applications where additional power may be required, such as connecting a high-powered USB device, like an external SSD/HDD, while using the other ports to connect lower powered devices. For added protection, the USB hub features Overcurrent Protection (OCP). OCP prevents faulty USB peripherals from drawing more power than is safely allocated.
Plug and Play
This device supports all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS, and Android. The Hub is automatically detected, configured, and installed upon connection to a host computer, such as Apple MacBook, Lenovo X1 Carbon, and Dell XPS. The extra-long built-in 1ft. (30 cm) USB-A host cable enables quick and convenient setup and reduces connector strain on 2-in-1 devices, such as the Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, and laptops on riser stands.
Enhance Productivity and Device Management with the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools Application
Developed to improve performance and security, StarTech.com Connectivity Tools is the only software suite on the market that is compatible with a wide variety of IT connectivity accessories. The software suite includes:
MAC Address Pass-Through Utility: Improve network security.
USB Event Monitoring Utility: Track and log connected USB devices.
Wi-Fi Auto Switch Utility: Enable users to quickly access faster network speeds via wired LAN.
For more information and to download the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools application, please visit: www.StarTech.com/connectivity-tools
This product is backed for 2 years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- 3 PORT USB-C HUB: Bus-powered USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) expansion hub features a USB-C host connector and 3-port USB-A hub, Overcurrent Protection (OCP) & Wake on USB - Up to 15W of bus power dynamically shared between 3 downstream ports
- GIGABIT ETHERNET: Features a built-in GbE adapter to provide the reliability and security of wired Ethernet to a laptop or desktop - The GbE controller is fully compatible with IEEE 802.3u/ab standards and supports WoL, Jumbo Frames, and V-LAN Tagging
- AUXILIARY POWER INPUT: The USB hub features a Micro USB power input (cable sold separately) to add 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power to the hub for applications where additional power may be required, such as connecting high power USB devices like SSD drives
- EXTRA-LONG CABLE: Attached 1ft/30cm cable provides longer reach for easy setup and prevents adapter from dangling on the USB-C host connector - Ideal cable length to reduce port strain on 2-in-1 convertible laptops, or host laptops on riser stands
- CONNECTIVITY TOOLS: Optimize the performance and security of this USB-C hub, using the included MAC Address Changer, USB Event Monitoring, Wi-Fi Auto Switch utilities (available for download) - Hub compatible with Win/macOS/Linux/iPadOS/ChromeOS/Android
Showing - Of Reviews