StarTech.com's Advanced Network Cable Tester (RJ45) lets you test several long network cables faster and more efficiently than ever before.
The network cable tester uses remote loop-back plugs, each with their own unique, easy-to-identify ID number. If several cables need to be tested, users can put a loop-back plug on the end of each cable run and go to the other end to test and identify each one.
The network cable tester provides a basic continuity test with a pin-map that will identify wiring errors, allowing them to be quickly corrected. The cable tester also identifies several common pinnings and displays the applications for each.
Please note: the Network Cable Tester requires a separate 9V battery (not included) to operate.
- Menu driven user interface makes the tester easy to use and fast for anyone to learn.
- Canvas carrying case has plenty of extra space for tools, patch cables and remote locator plugs.
- Backlit display allows test readings to be visible in dark areas.
- Low battery indicator.
- Tests both shielded and unshielded cable in local and remote mode.
- Includes (4) remote locator plugs, each programmed with a unique ID number so multiple drops can be tested before moving the plugs to new outlets.
- Identifies (8) different wiring schemes plus (1) temporary user-defined scheme.
- A pin mapping of the current cable is displayed while the unit performs the test.
- Easy to read LCD display shows continuity, opens, shorts, and pin mismatches.
Showing - Of Reviews