Communicate easily with an RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial device via your LAN or WAN with the rugged and compact 1-Port Hardened Serial Server from Black Box.
It's just what you need to improve productivity and cut down on the amount of time required to configure or troubleshoot a serial device located on a factory floor or in a remote location.
Eliminate visits to a distant site just to make a minor change to a configuration. You can do all this from the comfort of your office using an Ethernet LAN or WAN connection, or even from home via a standard Web connection.
A simple-to-install, user-friendly Web configuration software application enables programming through a browser connection. No time-consuming setup is required.
Set it up to operate in one of three modes:
The Hardened Serial Server has a standard DB9 serial port and a removable terminal block for the RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 device connection, and an autodetecting 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX port for a CAT5 connection to your Ethernet network.
Plus, for reliable operation, the serial server offers a heartbeat connection, which detects any TCP communication failures and sends out signals every five seconds until the system is reconnected.
- Access a single serial device over your Ethernet network. Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Operating Temperature -40 to +176° F (-40 to 80° C).
- Autosensing 10-/100-Mbps Ethernet port.
- Completely manageable through any Web browser.
- Easily integrates a serial device into your Ethernet network.
- UL® certified for use in Class 1, Div.2 hazardous environments.
Showing - Of Reviews