- USB-C docking station with dual 2K DisplayLink display for MacBooks, Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, MSI and other Windows PC’s, Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Laptop, and Chromebooks; works with USB-C, USB-A, and Thunderbolt 3/4 laptops (at USB-C speeds) including dual display for all MacBooks (M1/M2/M3, M1/M2/M3 Pro, M2/M3 Max, and earlier)
- Dual monitor dock provides Dual or Single 2k@60Hz via DisplayLink; 1 HDMI 2.0 port and 1 DisplayPort 1.2++; DisplayPort connections can use a passive cable (see part# K33021WW)
- 1M USB-C cable (included) connects the dock to your device; 135W power provides up to 60W laptop charging (windows laptop must accept Power Delivery – Surface devices with USB-C ports do) plus power for peripherals; for charging USB-A laptops or USB-A Surface devices with up to 60W, use our optional power splitter part# K38310NA
- Five SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports (one with 2.1a fast charging); one 15W USB-C charging and data port; 3.5mm combination headphone/microphone jack; gigabit ethernet port
- Kensington lock slot for securing your investment (lock sold separately, see part #K60600WW)
- TAA compliant; 3 years of coverage and lifetime technical support
Details: For over 35 years, Kensington has been The Professionals' Choice for desktop productivity solutions. Accommodating the latest computers with USB-C ports, while also accommodating legacy computers with USB 3. 0 ports, the SD4700P Universal USB-C and 3. 0 Docking Station is the ideal docking solution for computing s transitioning to USB-C. Frequently Asked Questions: Q: Will this dock work with any computer that has USB-C?A: Yes, all the functions will work, however for powering a laptop the laptop itself must accept Power Delivery. The SD4700P supports USB Power Delivery (version 3. 0, 5V/9V/12V/15V/20V) Profile 4, or up to 60W on a single USB-C cable. Q: Will this dock work with a laptop that has USB-C but doesn’t support Alt mode? A: Yes, the Display Link technology provides support for USB-C computers that don’t support Alt mode. Q: Will this dock work with a Thunderbolt 3 port A: Yes, Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C is mechanically the same, so all the normal functions of this dock will work when plugged into a computer’s Thunderbolt 3 port, but will only support USB-C speeds. Q: Does this dock require new driver installation on my computer? A: Yes. For Mac OS, you need to download the Display Link Driver for Mac manually from the Display Link website, display link/downloads/macOS. For Window OS, the Display Link driver should automatically install when the dock is connected to the computer the first time. If not, you need to download the Display Link Driver for Windows 7/10 display link/downloads/windows. Q: Will this dock work with a computer that has USB-A but not USB-C?A: Yes, the Display Link technology is link-aware and will work with different USB types. And, a USB-C to USB-A adapter is included. However, it will not charge a laptop over USB-A unless you purchase the optional power tips. Q: What wattage laptop will this dock power via the USB-C cable? A: As long as the laptop accepts Power Delivery via USB-C, the SD4700p will charge a laptop that requires 60 watts or less. Please check your owner’s manual or with the laptop manufacturer for specifications. Q: What cable should I use to connect my monitors? A: We recommend a direct HDMI-HDMI and a Display Port to Display Port connection to the monitors. You can use a passive HDMI to DVI adapter or cable for a DVI monitor connection. When going from Display Port to VGA, an active Display Port to VGA adapter/cable is required. Q: Can I use another USB-C cable (not from the original box) on this dock? A: We can only the Kensington USB-C cable (a 1m length cable) shipping with this dock will work. USB-C cables vary greatly between different manufacturers.
Showing - Of Reviews