The SDOCK2U33RE Dual 2.5/3.5"" SATA HDD/SSD duplicator dock lets you duplicate/clone an existing hard drive without the use of a host computer system -- or dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB or eSATA port.
The SDOCK2U33RE offers convenient dual-function performance. As a hard drive duplicator, the SDOCK2U33RE lets you create an exact sector-by-sector clone from one hard drive to another, including partitions and boot sector information -- ensuring data integrity and consistency for sensitive operations, such as data recovery. As an external hard drive dock the SDOCK2U33RE lets you connect your drives through either eSATA or USB, with each drive slot individually supporting high capacity 2.5/3.5"" hard drives or solid state drives, tested up to 4 TB.
With support for SATA III (6 Gbps) you can maximize efficiency with duplication speeds up to 22 GB per minute, and eSATA docking speeds up to 6 Gbps. The Dock can also be connected through USB 3.0 with UASP for transfer speeds up 5 Gbps (70% faster than conventional USB 3.0). See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With push button operation and plug-and play installation, the duplicator dock has been specially designed for hassle-free operation. The SDOCK2U33RE lets you quickly dock your hard drives or start duplicating hard drives with the push of a button. Plus, the built-in LED progress bar saves you time by letting you easily monitor the entire duplication process, so you'll know exactly when it's time to start your next operation.
For added compatibility with different drive types in duplication and docking applications, the SDOCK2U33RE supports the use of various drive adapters. The below list of StarTech.com adapters have been specifically tested, to ensure compatibility with this drive duplicator:
2.5/3.5in IDE drives - SAT2IDEADP mSATA drives - SAT2MSAT25 M.2 (NGFF) drives - SAT32M225
SDOCK2U33RE is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- THE IT PRO'S CHOICE: Designed and built for IT Professionals, this hard drive duplicator cloner dock is backed for 2 years, including free lifetime 24/5 multilingual technical assistance.
- SPECS: External 2-Bay Duplicator Dock SATA I/II/III; USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) or eSATA Device Host Connection (optional); Toolless Design; Top-Loading Toaster Style w/ Drive Doors and Eject Buttons; Multi-function Status LEDs
- DUPLICATION MODE: Standalone sector-by-sector copier is compatible with any file format and copies the entire drive, including empty sectors; Up to 22 GB/min; Target disk must be equal/larger than the source disk; File recovery / Disk mount / Cloning tool
- DRIVE COMPATIBILITY: 2.5/3.5" SATA HDDs and SSDs of any capacity; 4Kn Compatible; OS Independent; Compatible w/ SATA I/II/III; Hardware includes 3ft eSATA and USB-A cables and universal power adapter; IDE adapter (SAT2IDEADP) sold separately
- DUPLICATE AND DOCK SATA DRIVES: This dual bay hard drive duplicator features standalone drive cloning of 2.5/3.5" SATA drives with no PC required; Docking station also functions as USB / eSATA to SATA adapter for quick access to your drives
Showing - Of Reviews