With this adapter, you can connect Windows and Mac based Thunderbolt™ 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt capable Mac computers.
Because this adapter is backward compatible, you can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10Gbps speed. With Thunderbolt 2 devices, you can connect at 20Gbps. The adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices.
The TBT3TBTADAP is backed by a 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
Your computer's Thunderbolt 3 ports might not function properly until you update one or more of the following on your computer:
- Thunderbolt firmware
- Thunderbolt 3 controller drivers
- Thunderbolt 3 software
The required updates will vary depending on your computer.
For an up-to-date list of affected computers and instructions, visit http://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates. If your manufacturer isn't listed on the Thunderbolt website, contact your manufacturer.
- THUNDERBOLT 3 TO THUNDERBOLT ADAPTER: This converter lets you connect older TB2 (20Gbps) and TB1 (10Gbps) peripherals to a TB3 host; connect TB1/TB2 devices like docks or external storage drive bays
- THUNDERBOLT 3 CERTIFIED: Compatible w/ TB3 certified laptops like MacBook Air & MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 13 & 15, Latitude, Precision, Lenovo ThinkPad X1, P series, HP EliteBook; requires TB3 host
- COMPATIBLE WITH THUNDERBOLT DISPLAYS: This TB3 to TB2/TB1 adapter enables use of older Thunderbolt monitors (27" Apple Thunderbolt Displays/LG Ultrawide TB2 display) w/ certified Thunderbolt 3 laptops
- TECH SPECS: Bus-powered / provides up to 12W of power for peripherals / Windows and macOS / Adapts TB3 (USB-C Connector) to Thunderbolt (Mini DP Connector); 7.9 in [20 cm] attached cable
- COMPATIBILITY NOTE: The compact Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is not reversible and will not work to connect Thunderbolt 3 peripherals to older computers with TB1 or TB2 ports
Showing - Of Reviews